I am...

My photo
An aspiring opera singer with a shopping addiction.

Friday, March 6, 2009

This is my dinner

This is currently my favorite recipe. Its for baked mac and cheese from the Betty Crocker cookbook. I love making things like this because I can make it on the weekend and have it for dinner for the rest of the week! So since tonight is the 3rd time in a little over a month that I've made this, I thought I'd share the recipe. Give it a try and tell me what you think!

You'll need...

2 cups uncooked macaroni of your choosing (they say elbow...I say LIES!!!)
1/4 cup butter or margarine (or Fabio)
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper (I use 1/2 teaspoon...mistake the 1st time...good mistake)
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (which is 8oz, or in Andrea terms, dump the bag in)

Now do THIS!

  1. Heat oven to 350 (how do you make a degree sign on a keyboard?) F
  2. Cook and drain macaroni as directed on package
  3. Meanwhile, in a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from the heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. (In case anyone cares, I like to use a whisk for this part...kthanks)
  4. Gently stir in macaroni into cheese sauce. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
  5. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly

ENJOY THE FOODAGE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment